Monday, November 16, 2015
We'd like to showcase a couple of familiar therapists, as well as introduce two new Physiotherapists to the Physiomoves team!
Welcome back to Jody Wiebe, who returned recently from maternity leave to the Ocean Park clinic. Jody is working Tuesday afternoons and alternating Saturdays at the Ocean Park clinic. Jody has excellent manual therapy skills and many years of specialized experience in orthopaedics and women's health.
Also focusing on Women's Health and pelvic floor therapy (for men and women) is Kathy Miller, who offers specialized physiotherapy services at Physiomoves in Ocean Park on Thursdays.
Madison Morrison is the most recent therapist to join the amazing Ocean Park crew (Jody, Kathy, Jeff Rolland, Monica Jochlin, Tyler Dumont and massage therapist Kenny Hagerty). Madison is available on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. It is very exciting for the South Surrey community to now have 2 Physiotherapists available at the Ocean Park Physiomoves on Saturday mornings! No referral is needed- call 604-385-4000 to book an appointment.
Welcome also to Ravi Hira, who joins the Physiomoves team at Panorama (Highway 10 and 152 street). Ravi enjoys helping people of all ages and skill get back to moving their body better. He is fluent in both English and Punjabi, and is available Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. It is great news that one consistent Physiotherapist will be available on Saturdays at Physiomoves Panorama. Call 604-575-7477 to book in with Ravi or any of our exceptional therapists at the Physiomoves Panorama location (including Physiotherapists Christine Campbell, Tiphanie Ge, Eric Marriott, Margherita Cirillo, Monica Jochlin, Tyler Dumont and Massage Therapists Barry Bereziak and Kenny Hagerty).
Monday, February 9, 2015
We were proud to be the title sponsor of this great event! There is no better way to celebrate Family Day than racing around the community with your loved ones completing fun challenges. Here are a few photo highlights from the afternoon. Hope to see you and your family out next year!
|The Physiomoves balance station|
|Physiomoves PT Jeff leading the "pre-race" warm up|
|Thank you to everyone involved in organizing the race, especially Chris and Regula from Ocean Park Neighbours!|
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
2014 Highlights for Physiomoves Physiotherapy Clinics
- In January, Physiomoves was awarded the Now Newspaper’s 2013 Readers Choice Award for best Physiotherapy Clinic in South Surrey, BC.
- In February, the 1st Annual Family Day Amazing Race was held near the Ocean Park location. We put on a challenging balance station and anatomy quiz for participants. We also warmly welcomed Jenni as our organized, friendly main Admin Officer at our Ocean Park location.
- Eric, Jessica and Tyler provided free post-race massage and Physiomoves sponsored the annual SandCastle City Classic 10k Race in White Rock.
- In July, Jessica and Tyler provided post-race massage at the Tour de White Rock criterium. Physiomoves hosted a putting contest at the Village Summer Festival in Ocean Park.
- September was a busy month with HR changes: Grace became our fantastic main office administrator at the Panorama location. Kathy Miller, Physiotherapist, joined the team at the Ocean Park location and Margherita Cirillo, Physiotherapist, joined the team at the Panorama location.
- Christine, Eric, Jessica, and Tyler participated in the YMCA Megathon to raise money for the Strong Kids program. Jeff Rolland, Physiotherapist, joined the team at our Ocean Park location. Jeff gave an excellent running injury prevention talk at the Running Room.
- The Ocean Park location celebrated its 2 year anniversary in December while the Panorama location celebrated 7 successful years in October.
- Peninsula Multisport Athletic Club
- Ocean Athletics track & field club
- Surrey Fire Fighter’s Golf Tournament
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Semiahmoo High School Rugby Tour
- UBC Grand Prix – Sports Medicine Research Fund
- We can reflect on the past year with pride, and we are humbled and grateful for the support we receive from our past and present clients, our community, and local health, fitness and sports organizations. 2015 is going to be even better- stay tuned!