- In February, we supported the 3rd annual Family Day Amazing Race event in Ocean Park on Family Day- Tyler and Madison had some fun physio challenges ready for families to face!
|3rd Annual Family Day Amazing Race in Ocean Park|
- In March Physiomoves welcomed Dave Gifford to the team- an experienced Registered Massage Therapist who is a great fit at our Panorama clinic
|Dave Gifford, RMT|
- In April, Physiomoves sponsored the Junkyard Dog mountain bike race at the South Surrey Athletic Park, and Jeff and Madison were on hand to treat athletes and answer questions.
- Tyler taught a bike fit course in Squamish to other Physiotherapists and professionals, one of whom was Tanya Jones, a local triathlon coach. Tyler continued to mentor Tanya at the clinic, and now Tanya offers road and triathlon bike fits at Physiomoves.
- In the summer, Physiomoves proudly accepted the Peace Arch News Finalist award for best Physiotherapy Clinic in White Rock and South Surrey.
|Thank you for voting for us!|
- Physiomoves was on hand as medical staff for the World Softball Championships at Softball City.
- Eric was a physiotherapist at the BC Rugby Championships.
- In September, Kenny (RMT) and Tyler supported the SORCE kids mountain bike race at the South Surrey Athletic Park.
|We hope to see you out there in 2017!|
- In November, Dan Stapleton joined the team of Physiotherapists at Physiomoves. He works at both clinic locations and is doing a great job of helping people in our community reach their physio goals.
|Dan Stapleton, Physiotherapist|
- In December Jeff and Tyler offered a workshop on injury prevention and proper stretching techniques to a Coastal FC boys soccer team.
- In January Eric and Tyler did an injury prevention screening with a group of U16 club volleyball players in conjunction with Mint Conditioning in South Surrey, BC.
- Many of our Physiotherapists pursued higher level certifications throughout the year, including
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual Therapy
- IMS/functional dry needling
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Concussion management
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- We now have 6 Physiotherapists at Physiomoves who are certified to use IMS (dry needling) as part of an effective physiotherapy treatment plan for clients!
- This past year, Physiomoves continued to be a presence in the local community by sponsoring and/or supporting many organizations, teams, clubs and events including:
- Sandcastle City Classic 5km
- YMCA Megathon event
- Ocean Athletics athletes
- PacificSport athletes
- Mint Conditioning athletes
- SORCE mountain bike club
- Valley West Hawks major midget hockey
- Earl Marriott Secondary Rugby
- White Rock/South Surrey Baseball Association
- Peninsula Multisport Club
- Crescent Beach Swimming Club youth triathlon
- BC Children’s Hospital