- January: Avid cyclist and journalist Jeffrey Hansen-Carlson had a bike fit done at Physiomoves and wrote about it: http://www.leaderpost.com/bike+must+fitted+rider/4099730/story.html
- February: Physiomoves therapists attended a K-Taping course and now have the brightly coloured K-Tape in stock to tape up your body parts that require support.
- March/April: Jody, Johnny and Tyler attended an intensive course learning the Functional Movement Screen and Selective Functional Movement Assessment. This has been helpful when working with athletes and communicating with their coaches and personal trainers. http://functionalmovement.com/fms
- May: Tyler was interviewed on the Not Quite South Surrey.com website as a community profile, and Physiomoves gave away a prize pack as part of a monthly contest. Check out their informative and amazing website and facebook page! http://www.notquitesouthsurrey.com/1439/get-to-know-tyler-from-physiomoves-physiotherapy-clinic/
- June: Tyler's expertise on bike fit was featured in a Vancouver Sun article on June 2,2011 http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=03d41d49-449d-4d48-a75c-2ac1203e2c5a.
Tyler's knowledge of body mechanics, bike fit and injury prevention was videotaped and is now a permanent feature on the informative healthchoices.ca website: http://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/video/cycling/lower-back-pain-and-cycling (there are many others besides this video)
- July: Our baseball pro, Johnny volunteered at the Canada Cup Softball tournament
- September: Tiphanie Ge joined our Physiotherapy team. Tiphanie is proving to be a major asset at Physiomoves. She is calm and knowledgeable, which works especially well with children and older adults. She is just about licensed to perform acupuncture, something Physiotherapist Kristen (Pummell) Hoffman has been doing at our clinic since she passed all her exams in June 2011. September also saw Kristen tie the knot!
- October: Our team provided free massages and education to everyone at the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Great Pumpkin Run- what a beautiful, fun day!
- November: Johnny, Barry and Tyler sported moustaches and raised over $300 for movember.ca. Thanks for all the votes! Physiomoves helped sponsor the entertainment at the well attended, much loved "Santa at Sullivan" event.
- December: As if our team wasn't already great, we welcomed Christine (De Pape) Campbell to our team permanently, a former national level Field Hockey player and experienced Physiotherapist. We are also ecstatic to have Jessica Deglau on our team for locum work. Jessica is an international swimming sensation, having competed in the 1996 and 2000 Olympic Games!
Thank you to all our clients, friends and professional colleagues who trust Physiomoves to help move their bodies better. We are excited to help you stay injury free and achieve all your health goals for 2012!